- 231 Prochnow Road
- Dripping Springs, TX 78620
- 512 825-9076
- David: 512 971-3905
Cedar Grove Stables
Horse Motel Pricing
Directions & More
Driving directions from Austin on Hwy 290W:
- Head south on Mopac (Loop 1) following the signs to Johnson City.
- Mopac will end at the Y in Oak Hill and feed into Hwy 290W. This is also the intersection of Hwy 71. From the Y, go 13 miles to Dripping Springs, passing through Cedar Valley.
- Continue straight through the traffic light at RR12 about a mile, passing the Baptist Church on the left. Turn left on Creek Road. Pioneer Bank is on the corner.
- Cross a one-lane bridge over Onion Creek.
- When you come to a fork in the road, go left. The other side crosses Onion Creek again. Do not cross it again.
- The road has now changed names, although it looks like the same road. It is now Mt. Gainor.
- Go 2.2 more miles. About one mile from your next turn, you will see a large cellular tower on the right. The tower is across the street from our driveway, so it is a good landmark at night.
- Turn right on Prochnow Road (aka CR 195) on some maps.
- It is the third house on the left. You can’t see the house from the road, but the name is on the mailbox.
- Once in the driveway, go right to come to the house. Go left to go to the barn.
- Trucks with trailers need to turn around in the pasture and must go through the pasture gate.
Driving directions from San Marcos on RR 12:
- From San Marcos, take RR 12 heading north 9.4 miles.
- Turn left on Gatlin Creek Road . This entrance is right after the road widens in front of the Storm Ranch. There will be a house on the corner with metal silhouettes of animals and cowboys in the yard. Take road 4.5 miles until it ends (at the back entrance to Storm Ranch).
- Turn right on Mt. Gaynor and take it down the hill until it ends (276 feet).
- Turn right on Mt. Gainor and go 1 mile.
- Turn left on Prochnow Road. You will be able to see our red barn (on left) and the cellular tower.
From San Antonio or Johnson City on Hwy 281 to Hwy 290E:
Google Maps will give you a shorter route, but it has more steps. This is the easiest method.
- These directions assume one is traveling north toward Marble Falls on Hwy 281.
- Take Hwy 290 toward Dripping Springs about 20 miles.
- You will pass a large Valero station on the right.
- Turn right on Roger Hanks Parkway, the next street. There is a large metal entrance sign spanning the road and planter in median.
- Continue down Roger Hanks Parkway until it merges with Creek Road. Stay straight.
*If you miss either Roger Hanks Parkway (from San Antonio) or Creek Road (from Austin), continue on Hwy 290 and take the other street.
This page was last modified on: .